Monday, February 21, 2011

Preparing

  "Be still, and know that I am God" - Psalm 46:10
“The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.”  Then the LORD said to Moses, “Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to move on.  - Exodus 14:14-15 
God just put the SMACK D-OWN.

This has really been on my mind lately.  I think because too often we all just simply STOP
We take being still as the same thing as STOP.  Do Nothing.

"Being still and doing nothing are two very different things." - Jackie Chan in The New Karate Kid

For more on the verses in Exodus check out THIS.   It really got me thinking about how many times I have truly been like, "ok, Lord...I'll be still (do nothing) and let You do Your thing."  But, being still isn't doing nothing.   Being still is Praising God, Worshiping Him, Believing Him, and Moving with HIM.  

We have to move.  God will fight our battles as we walk with Him in His direction.

You may have read my previous post Prayin' 'bout a house... Chris and I have got the Spiritual battle in full pursuit....we are praying, believing, declaring, proclaiming.  And now many of you are also standing, agreeing in prayer with us.   I was thinking today about our message at Church yesterday.  I was at 2nd service and Brock was talking about facing and fighting our battles in both the spiritual and natural.  Which also got me really thinking about this whole house situation....What if all we did was pray, but did nothing to prepare in the natural, we didn't move with God....example, not fix our cabinets that have been falling apart recently, replace our stained carpet, paint, etc...You get the point.  If we aren't preparing for the blessing, that's the same as not believing for them. 

"faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."  - James 2:17


So, we can have all the faith in the world, but if it doesn't produce action.....nothing.  Maybe it sounds weird to apply this to our house we are praying for, but I believe that the Word is always applicable.  In all we do.  Every aspect of our lives. 


So, we will be doing some house improvements.  We are currently shopping around.  Trying to find crazy insane God math prices :) on carpet or wood flooring, cabinetry, paint, etc....We even went as a family to Lowe's on Saturday to start actively acting, lol  And we found these two colors that we like....
I know this is not the greatest picture, so I will take another one once we have paint brushes (lol, forgot those) and paint part of our wall!  The creme color is called "Bungalow Gold".  How perfect is that?  I've always wanted to go to Tahiti and stay in one of those Bungalow's on the Sea and now my living room and halls may be Bungalow Gold.  BAAHAAA  I'll take what I can get at this point.  

 So thank you to all of you who are standing, agreeing with us in prayer!  

Being still isn't doing nothing.  Pray. Stand. Believe. Proclaim. Declare.  MOVE 
...whatever your situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment