Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Wife pt 3

I never did share my last entry from my Prov 31 study that I finished a little over a week ago.  It was SO good.  So I will just give you all the highlights of the verses that spoke to me the "loudest".... I have used different versions...
vs11  Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life. - "enrich his life" one definition of the word enrich states this...to add greater value or significance to.  So what am I adding each day to my husbands life?  I know full well that he trusts me fully, but I believe there is more I can do to "enrich".
vs15  She’s up before dawn, preparing breakfast for her family and organizing her day. - during the winter this is a hard one for me.  I literally have to set an alarm....what did women do way back in the day without alarms?! lol  And even then I can fail at this.  And I have failed the past week or so.  So, last night I made the decision that I will no longer be lazy.  I believe this getting up early is for spiritual means as well.  I don't know about you but when I get my Jesus time and One Year Bible 1st thing in the a.m. I am so much better for it....as is the rest of my day.  Not to mention when I am not lazy, the rest of my day is more productive in general.  ...side note *if you look in the amp version it does say "spiritual food" instead of breakfast.
vs17 She girds herself with strength [spiritual, mental, and physical fitness for her God-given task] and makes her arms strong and firm.  - this is my Biblical command to 1. get my Jesus/prayer/bible/reading time in daily 2. constantly remember to check my emotions and thoughts and make sure I am reigning them in and taking them captive, not entertaining negative thoughts that the Devil can have a hay day with. 3. WORK-OUT!...there, I now seriously have no excuse and neither do you....it's in the Bible and you can't argue with the Word....well you can, but you will lose.
vs18 She senses the worth of her work, is in no hurry to call it quits for the day. - for us stay at homers how true is this?  When I was working in the corporate world I honestly never felt my worth as far as what I was doing all day in  5x5 cubicle.  Now, each day I wake up with a significant purpose and worth.  God has blessed us like crazy and I cannot be thankful enough for it.  Even on the days when life seems tough....kids are cranky, no naps, money is tight, the truck breaks down....AGAIN.  It's all worth it.  And I would not change it for the highest paying job in the U.S.  btw.....read an article the other day that said if SAHM were paid that we would make ove 100k per year. Although I don't thing the government will be shelling out checks any time soon. bahahahahaha
vs20 She’s quick to assist anyone in need, reaches out to help the poor. - this is just one of those things that I feel I need to get better at....seeing the need and filling it with no questions asked.
vs26 She opens her mouth with wisdom, And on her tongue is the law of kindness.  - just think about that for a moment....1st make sure that when my mouth is opened that is with wisdom, then make sure the LAW of kindness is on it. One definitions of the word law....a rule or manner of behavior that is instinctive.  So, what does that mean?  Kindness is your natural behavior "instinctive".  Wisdom + Kindness = A Godly woman who displays the heart of Jesus.
vs28 Her children rise up and call her blessed (happy, fortunate, and to be envied); and her husband boasts of and praises her - my prayer for the way my family perceives me because that is who I am...happy , blessed, fortunate.  I pray that my children know/will know that I am these things by my words, actions...everything I am, I want to oooooz this.
vs30 Charm and grace are deceptive, and beauty is vain [because it is not lasting], but a woman who reverently and worshipfully fears the Lord, she shall be praised! - I really loved how this version added "reverently and worshipfully" fears the Lord.  It's not that we just go about our daily Christian things....did my Bible study.check.  prayed, check. taught my kids a verse. check check....We must always stay in reverent worship because what we do and why has to reflect Who we are doing it for.  If we are doing it for ourselves or to look like "good little Christian parents or wives or women" it's not good enough.  HE has to be our reason, our all.  then what we do will reflect our love.

I am sure we all got different things out of our study.  God has really given me some things to continue to pray about, be thankful for, feel blessed about, and just in general things to help me grow as a Christian wife, mama, and woman.  

I hope you have been as blessed as I was to read through these verses yet again.  To keep these things on the forefront of my heart and mind I will be continuing to read through them each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment