Thursday, March 17, 2011

Excitement

I am just a bit excited.  I was able to hit this button today...
And I also called to make sure everything went through ok.  The customer service was great.  I ordered from Cameta Camera located in NY.  So far, very pleased.  My camera will be delivered tomorrow! HOLLLL-ER!

And I must start by saying that I have the most amazing husband in the WORLD.  I started talking to him and praying about this purchase this time last year.  I remember praying that I wanted God to give me a HIM size vision of what to do once I got this camera b/c I didn't just want to make a selfish purchase.  And God has really shapped and molded my heart this year in a BIG way.  More on that at a later time (I keep hearing Charles Lee's voice saying...."many times we talk about things so much that it feels like we are doing them...distant digital disconnect when we post ideas and stuff we are going to do and how that makes us feel like we have done it. then nothing gets done") I want to make sure I don't do that with this God size idea.  God deserves better and I def don't want to be that distant digital disconnect with God's plans.  And  the last person I wanted to be was the whinny kid (adult) whining "I want it, I want it, I want it!!!" Selfishness is UGLY.  It had to be a God thing.  I also prayed that God would have Chris come to me and tell me "I want you to get this camera."  He is the leader of our house in every way and I wasn't going to make purchasing decisions without his complete go ahead and blessing.  

Towards the end of last year Chris did just that!  the cool part was he said yes to the higher end camera.  But after he told me this I felt my Spirit say, I don't want you to get THAT camera.  I will show you which one.  So I looked and looked.  Knowing I was going to keep with Nikon's.  Then God showed me the perfect camera.  And I was at complete peace as soon as I saw it.  perfect.  not to mention that it was literally half the price....and that was after 3 additional lenses!  SCORE!  Thanks Holy Spirit! lol  And did I mention that the one I bought just came out like Oct 2010.

  I love how God works.  And I love my husband for loving me like a Queen and being so UNselfish!  Is there anything more sexy than an unselfish man who treats his woman like a Queen?  I think not! lol

And, I really got a great deal.  But not a scam deal :)Their prices were about the same as most, but came with some extras that places like Bedford, Adorama, B&H, and WM don't give....like a sling backpack, tripod, uv filters, cleaning kit....just little stuff that if purchased separately would have been more than my budget amount.   
I also got one lens from Best Buy as they were the only one's with it in stock.  But then the next day it was put on back order :(  Sad.....but at least I know it will be on it's way within 2 weeks.  And everyone else is sold completely out of the lens so.....as much as I wanted it to be here by tomorrow, at least I know it's on it's way.  So I am not going to complain.  :P

All together I will have the camera, battery pack, 4 lenses ( 18-105mm, 55-300mm, 50mm 1.8 and when back in stock 35mm 1.8), memory cards, and all the little extras that come along with it for free.  

I tend to become a bit obsessed in regards to learning.  I have read like every review on the cam and lenses, and watched countless YouTube videos.  Anything from what each button and setting does to shooting in RAW(which I will be doing!) to lens quality.  I LOVE to learn.  Probably to a fault sometimes.  As I said, I can get a bit crazy or obsessed about it.  But at least I am now even more well informed of what this camera can do!  My fav YouTube videos to watch were from a guy named Jared Polin with FroKnowsPhoto.com.  He's a white guy with a crazy FRO! baha...put very informative on Photography.  He is a pro photographer so just him sharing his knowledge.  Although if you are not a NIKON peep, you won't find him as interesting as he doesn't use Canon....at all.  





Anyways, I cannot wait to unbox it all tomorrow and start shooting!  I hope you all will enjoy the pics that will be coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. you are going to have so much fun! way to gazelle it and pay for it with money you HAD. i remember one of our first 'deep' conversations that night at monica's like 2 years ago on her couch about finances. look at you guys now!

    ReplyDelete