Wednesday, January 12, 2011

One week down, two to go!

Today marks the one week point in our Fast....and the start of week 2!  And I have to say that I am really feeling amazing.  Spiritually.  Physically.  Wonderful!  Now I would be lying if I told you it has come as no effort.  Eating only fruits, veggies, and rice....not to metion NO coffee has really made me aware of a lot of things.  Some of which are....
  • I snack....a LOT.  
  • I do a lot of impulse grocery buying.  There was at least a half a dozen things I almost put in my cart when I went shopping, but didn't because I wouldn't be able to eat them anyway. lol 
  • I eat more meat than I thought I did
  • I drink coffee.....everywhere.  Whenever I thought about getting something to drink from somewhere, the idea was squashed b/c if I take the time to go inside or through the drive thru and spend the money on a drink, it is certain to be some kind of latte, cappuccino, frapaccino....you get the point..it has espresso/coffee in it. 
  • Again, as my last two major Fasts have pointed out....I have no idea what hunger is. Seriously.  I truthfully only know what cravings are, which brings me to my next point
  • I have cravings all the time.  And that needs to stop or at least be better controlled.  And so far, it is getting much better.  Although on Sunday night I would have given almost anything to just lick the Subway sandwiches we provide at Starting Point. 
Spiritually I have been feeling so much more Alert and Aware.  I also have a renewed and stronger Fire for the ministries God has allowed Chris and I to lead.  My passion has seriously been rejuvenated and it feels A-MA-ZING!  I cannot wait to take this year head on.  God is already leading me into new challenges in my personal life and ministry alike.  Along with my daily Bible readings I have started reading the book Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick.  Pure Awesomeness.  I highly recommend it.  But only if you want your relationship and passion with God to explode and soar to new heights. 

So excited about what the next two weeks will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment